Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We're not fighting.

I don't know if you've realised it...but while everyone sings, "I've had the rest of you, now I want the best of you"; I sing "I've had the best of you, now I want the rest of you." I refuse to put you through more pain, i just want to eliminate yours and you don't need any more drama from me. So I take the backseat and wish you well.

The only thing I can be is myself, pure and simple...I'm not going to be aloof and play hard-to-get, I'm not going to be needy and beg. I'll be sweet, I'll give you token gifts when you're down, I'll write poems and perform, I'll sing-jam with you, I'll be there if you need to talk. Right now, all you want is a friend and that's what I'll be.

And while it hurts sometimes that I can't tell you everything now...I can only trust in myself that one way or another, this will be worth it.

No comments: